WS Packaging Group, Inc. Intern in San Luis Obispo, California
- College interns may work full-time, forty hours a week for sixty days. After the full-time, sixty days are completed; the intern must work no more than twenty-eight hours per week if needed past the sixty days.
- Students may work weekend shifts on occasion, but may not go over forty hours per week.
- Will be working in multiple departments in multiple roles including but not limited to: platemaking, inks, customer service, hubbing, pre-press, press, and finishing.
College interns must be enrolled in an accredited two or four year college program.
Students may be a relative of a WSPG employee, but may not be mentored by their relative.
Students must have a 3.0 GPA.
a. If students are participating through a school program to receive class credit, the student must meet their school’s minimum standards to participate in an internship. In this case, the minimum GPA for the school’s program may be lower than a 3.0.
- Students must follow the facility’s break schedule and requirements.
- Students must follow departmental dress code and dress appropriately while at work.
- Students must follow all WSPG policies and procedures and participate in new hire and safety orientation.
Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. While performing the duties of the job, employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, use hands to write or type, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Manufacturing environment requires hearing, foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition Number: 17-0550
City: San Luis Obispo
Post Date: 7/7/2017
Shift: 1st Shift