MVP Health Care Intern Hourly in Schenectady, New York
MVP Health Care’s internal wellness program, Journey to Well-Being, strives to create the healthiest workforce in the United States by creating solutions and a supportive environment to engage and educate coworkers to improve and maintain optimal well-being. Our 2017 strategic plan has a number of exciting goals and objectives that we hope to achieve. The program intern would help support a number of those goals and would have the opportunity to assist in and take the lead of many different projects, such as:
• Maintaining company wellness-related policy change proposals
• Assisting in development of program evaluation plan and reports
• Assisting with major program communications
• work plan management
• Assisting with implementation of strategic planning outcomes
• Assisting with the development of new wellness programs
• Performing other duties as assigned
Duration of employment: Fall 2017 semester (Sept - Dec). Flexible scheduling within normal business hours allowed (Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5pm).
Location: MVP Health Care, 625 State Street, Schenectady, NY 12305
Participation in Bachelor’s/Master’s program in a health or wellness related field required.
Strategic planning/work plan management experience strongly preferred.
Health education/group facilitation experience preferred.
Prior health care and/or wellness program development experience preferred.
• Strong written and verbal (informal and formal) communication skills required.
• Superior interpersonal skills required as student will be expected to be a solid representative of the Wellness Program.
• MS Office computer skills including MS Power Point, Word, Publisher, and Excel required.
• Self-directed and motivated.
• Excellent analytic and research skills preferred.