Amazon.com Fall 2017 Research Scientist Intern in Seattle, Washington
As a Research Scientist you will use your experience to develop new strategies to improve the performance of Amazon’s inbound systems and our vendor network. Working closely with fellow research scientists and product managers, you will use your experience in modeling, statistics, and simulation to design models of new policies, simulate their performance, and evaluate their benefits and impacts to cost, reliability, and speed of our fulfillment network. Using your analysis you will be present your findings to your peers, and work with product managers to integrate them into our product plans.
This position requires superior analytical thinking, and ability to apply their technical and statistical knowledge to identify opportunities for industrial research. You should be able to mine and analyze large data, and be able to use necessary programming and statistical analysis software/tools to do so.
Opportunities Available in the following locations:
Seattle, San Francisco, Palo Alto, Irvine, Sunnyvale, Boston, Pittsburgh, and Austin
• Currently enrolled in MS program in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, or similar technical field.
• Mastery of statistics and probability, particularly their application in systems analysis and operations research.
• Fluency in at least one programming or scripting language (Python, Java, C, C++, etc).
• Experience with SQL and Statistical/mathematical programming software packages (R, SPSS, CPLEX,LONDO or Xpress etc).
• Good problem solving and data analysis skills.
• Currently enrolled in PhD program in relevant discipline (see basic qualifications).
• Experience with inventory planning and supply chain management (forecasting, planning, optimization, and/or logistics).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience working with data mining on large datasets (“big data”).
AMZR Req ID: 535416
External Company URL: www.amazon.com