Texas Instruments Facilities Engineering Intern in South Portland, Maine
Job ID 21192BR
Job Posting Title Facilities Engineering Intern
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
Facilities Engineering interns will receive significant projects related to their Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Controls, or Civil studies that are challenging and beneficial to the facilities organization.
Mechanical Engineering interns may work issues related to thermodynamics, heat transfer, gas and fluid mechanics, process control or HVAC and psychometric processes. Most projects will support advanced micro-electronics manufacturing operations.
Chemical Engineering interns will often work with over fifty types of chemicals and gases that are used in the production of semiconductors.
Electrical Engineering interns will often have projects related to power distribution systems that ensure 100% uptime of the manufacturing equipment.
All intern projects often include the following responsibilities:
• Analyzing existing mechanical systems to troubleshoot problems and improve operating efficiencies (i.e., reduce operating and maintenance costs), improve reliability and/or regain capacity, etc.
• Working with programmable logic controllers (PLC’s) to automate the Facilities systems, also known as Controls Engineering
• Using flow and pressure monitoring equipment to generate useful graphical data for communications
• Responsibility for static, dynamic design, and analysis of mechanical systems, equipment and packages
• Conducting feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs
• Providing design information to drafting for packaging documentation
• Planning plant, office and production equipment layouts for economy of operation and maximum utilization of facilities and equipment
• Reviewing and estimating design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs
• Developing criteria and performance specifications for facilities and equipment, required to meet unique operating requirements and building and safety codes
Put your talent to work with us as a Facilities Engineering Intern – change the world, love your job!
• Currently pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Controls Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
• Minimum Cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Ability to build strong, influential relationships
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type Co-Op - New
Minimum Education Level HS Graduate or Equivalent
Related Field(s) of Study
Electrical Eng Technology
Minimum Years of Experience 0
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-Maine-South Portland
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:email@example.com to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.