Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Auditor (Internal Auditor)(E-4) in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
usajobsVeterans Health Administration
The Best Care!!! The Best Careers!!!
Veterans Health Administration
The Best Care!!! The Best Careers!!!
Tuscaloosa VA Medical Center is located in West Alabama on a beautifully landscaped 126 acre campus. Tuscaloosa offers a low cost of living and year round outdoor recreational activities along with cultural activities. Tuscaloosa is home to the University of Alabama (renown for being National Football Champions). Tuscaloosa also has the Warrior River on the northern boundary, Lake Tuscaloosa, and Lake Lurleen Parks, as well as 7 golf courses within easy driving distance, 9 museums, an Amphitheater and a River market.
Note: Title 5 Title 38 Interchange Agreement: In accordance with the Title 5-Title 38 Interchange Agreement between VA and OPM, applications will be accepted from Employees serving on permanent, excepted Title 38 and Hybrid Title 38 appointments. Title 38 and Hybrid employees must have at least one year of continuous service in order to be covered by this Interchange Agreement.
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 1986922
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: TUS-17-RMS161-CO1986922
VACANCY ID: 1986148
POSITION TITLE: Auditor (Internal Auditor)(E-4) *
SCHEDULE:Full Time Normally 8:00am to 4:30pm
*E-4 is the local tracking number.
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincolns promise To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan by serving and honoring the men and women who are Americas Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
This is an internal auditor position located in the Resources Management Service Line. The incumbent serves as an auditor for the Tuscaloosa VA Medical Center and as an advisor of the purchase card program to top management officials, including but not limited to the Medical Center Director, Associate Director, Chief of Staff, Associate Director for Patient Services and Service Chiefs. The medical center offers a full spectrum of medical services from primary care, long-term care, and mental health care. The incumbent monitors the current processes and/or any new programs and advises management of impact on services and care to be delivered. Incumbent serves as the internal auditor of fiscal programs, providing advice and assistance to management. Incumbent is responsible for advising management on the development and formulation of related policies and procedural changes and ensures implementation is in compliance.
- Serve as an internal auditor of fiscal/purchase card programs and participates along with Budget Analysts, the Assistant Chief Financial Officer, and the Chief Financial Officer in systematic internal reviews, quality assurance programs, safety inspections, control point audits and many other program audits involving cost obligation, receivable accounting systems, and purchase card program.
- Serve as training instructor along with the Budget Analysts and the Assistant Chief Financial Officer for Accounting Section employees and all facility control point officials and cardholders.
- Analyze all unusual or irregular transactions and when such analysis discloses a transaction not covered entirely or sufficiently by existing financial procedures, devise a satisfactory method of entry.
- Provide adequate reporting and reconciliation of individual account balances with related General Ledger and Purchase Card accounts.
- Ensures that all cardholders and approving officials maintain compliance of VHA's and contractor's policies and regulations governing the purchase card program.
- Establishe and cancel cardholder and approving official accounts in the credit card system as well as
in the IFCAP registration menu, and maintains files (e.g., record of training, authorized purchasing
limits, cardholders and associated account numbers, approving officials, etc.).
Work Schedule: 1st Shift 8:00 am to 4:30 pm*Position Description Title/PD#: 679-07732-0*
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Federal Employees, Status Veterans, Schedule A, etc.
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.
- Subject to a background/suitability investigation.
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement
Time-in-grade: Applicants who are current Federal employees and have held a GS grade any time in the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Basic Entry Requirements for All Grade Levels: Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.") OR Combination of education and experience: at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include oneof the following:
- Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
- A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
- Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
Grade Level Requirement: In additon to meeting the Basic Entry Requirements above, applicants must have the experience/education listed below.
GS-9 - 52 weeks of experience at the GS-07 level, or equivalent, that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
EXPERIENCE: Specialized experience includes demonstrated advisory and operational technical experience of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative evaluative methods with application to clinical management and quality oversight program areas. Knowledge of statistics, various statistical software programs and current computer systems. Knowledge of program evaluation research.
EDUCATION Substitution for Experience:2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree
GS-11- 52 weeks of experience at the GS-09 level, or equivalent, that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. EXPERIENCE: Specialized experience includes Knowledge of the mission goals, objectives, organization, and programs of VA healthcare services and delivery systems. Knowledge of strategic planning and management techniques and practices, especially relating to the formulation, analysis and evaluation of institutional management policies and the purchase card program. Knowledge of the development, implementation and assessment of clinical information and management systems.
OR EDUCATION Substitution for Experience:3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
You will be rated on the following competencies based on your application for this position.
- In-depth knowledge of VHA mission, goals, objectives, organization and programs.
- In-depth knowledge of VHA current issues, trends and anticipated developments.
- Knowledge of VA and non-VA health databases and information systems to assess, report, monitor and track accountability.
- Ability to use wide range of qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods including statistics and current software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels through competent oral and written communication.
If you are referred for consideration, you may be asked to submit additional job related information, which may include, but not limited to; responses to the knowledge, skills and abilities; completion of a work sample, and/or contact for an interview.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Physical Requirements: The work is generally sedentary and is performed at a desk or workstation with occasional lifiting of light paperwork and/orboxes. No unsual physical demands are present in the positon.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation.
Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
After the vacancy announcement closes and a referral certificate is issued, an electronic notification letter - or e-mail - will be sent to applicants who provide an e-mail address. Otherwise, you will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service within 2 to 4 weeks.
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides is an overview of the benefits currently offered:
VA supports the use of telework as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. This position may be authorized for telework. Telework eligibility will be discussed during the interview process.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474519400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-14 to 2017-07-24
Salary: $60,210 to $78,270 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 09 - 11
Series: 0511 Auditing
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: TUS-17-RMS161-CO1986922
Control number: 474519400