Marriott Human Resource - Intern in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you re in the right place. You ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That s why we re not just looking for anyone. We re looking for someone like you.
Provide clerical/secretarial and administrative support to the Human
Resources department including typing, issuing lockers and name tags,filing, tracing, answering telephones, maintaining employee files and departmental records/logs and ensuring notice boards are maintained relevant. Assisting with preparation for training courses and assigned projects.
- Ensure knowledge of all hotel services/features and hours of operation.
- Ensure compliance with all hotel and departmental standards and procedures.
- Ensure safe and secure use of all office equipment, computer and manual systems.
- Access all functions of computer according to specifications.
- Set up work station with necessary supplies and resources materials; maintain cleanliness throughout shift.
- Complete supply requisitions and submits to Purchasing; stock office supplies upon receipt.
- Answer telephone within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Greet all individuals arriving at office courteously and assist with their needs.
- Maintain accurate trace files and communicate daily traces to Human Resources Director.
- Maintain filing procedures.
- Retrieve and distribute departmental mails.
- Process request for overnight mail and other delivery/messenger services.
- Make photocopies and process as specified.
- Type correspondence, emails and reports as assigned according to hotel standards.
- Update employee files according to information listed on respective Status Change Forms.
- Distribute monthly birthday list.
- Organize a monthly employee birthday party.
- Greet job applicants and provide instructions on completing applications. Inform respective Human Resources associates of applicants waiting for interviews.
- Route applications to respective department managers; assist in scheduling interview appointments, send regret letters where designated.
- Assist in processing new hires and transfer by explaining instructions on completing all appropriate forms. Complete designated procedures in compliance with hotel standards.
- Prepare nametags and lockers for new employees and replacements for current employees.
- Process paperwork for terminations as directed by Human Resources Director or Assistant.
- Handle guest complaints by following instant pacification procedures, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Promote positive relations with guest and employees.
- Process request for employee discounted rooms as specified by hotel standards.
- Maintain a current manual on all departmental forms and form letters with instructions.
- Coordinate service repairs for office equipment, ensuring minimal costs.
- Prepare work orders for maintenance repairs and distribute to Engineering. Monitor completion of work orders submitted.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of specified hotel information, correspondence, reports and files.
- Review status of incomplete work and follow up actions with Human Resources Director before leaving.
- Successful completion of the Training Certification process.
- Assist and support recognition programs and employee events in the hotel
- Assist with the preparation for training coursesSECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist other Human Resources associates as assigned.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and any relevant projects
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Management Development Programs/Intern
Organization: Renaissance Hotels
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001F2Z