Tetra Tech Environmental Intern in VA, United States
Title: Environmental Intern
Location: United States-VA-US-Sterling
Job Number: 10300000335
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech is
seeking a highly motivated environmental intern for their Sterling, VA office.
We are searching for candidates that have the willingness to learn new tasks, assist in administrative and scientific tasks, be impactful, and be decisive.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Collect and enter data for evaluation by senior project staff.
- Assist with report production and file management activities.
- Interpret and record data, conduct analyses, compare findings to relevant studies and local, state and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
- Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member.
- Assist with office administrative tasks.
- Knowledge of data collection and tabulation in preparation of scientific documents.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite with expertise in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Ability to format and produce reports as well as the ability to maintain file management.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Enthusiasm, resourcefulness, and a positive attitude.
- The successful candidate is able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal format and make evaluated decisions.
- The successful candidate will work as a problem solver, will have an interest and ability to work in a collaborative manner, and will have the flexibility to adapt to changing situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to manage time well and work on tasks as part of a larger project team.
- Must have a strong health and safety ethic.I
- In addition to English, fluency in other languages will be considered a plus
- Candidate should be self-motivated and able to take directions.
- Candidate must be able to function in an office environment for office-based tasks.
- Currently in pursuit, or recently obtained, a BS/BA or MS in relevant scientific discipline (e.g., environmental science, geology, environmental engineering, chemistry, or other scientific field).
- Candidate must have successfully completed at least two years of study towards a degree (Juniors, Seniors, and recent grads)
- Completion of six courses in a relevant scientific discipline described above.
- GPA of 3.1 or higher.
We have high expectations for the professional development of all of our staff. While we commend hard work, we are interested in people who are effective - who get the right things done at the right time. At Tetra Tech, you will work with people who come in every morning to decide what needs to be done to accomplish the goals we have all helped define, and then take ownership for the speed of the execution on those goals.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies