Arthur J. Gallagher Captive Manager - Accounting Intern in United States
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the world's largest insurance brokers, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting, and actuarial services in the United States. We also offer claims and information management, risk control consulting, and appraisal services to clients around the world.
At Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services (*AJGRMS*), we deliver a full range of insurance and risk management products and services, including traditional and loss-sensitive coverages, captives, alternative risk solutions, and financial products, from offices throughout the United States and Canada, and operations in Bermuda and Puerto Rico.
Artex Risk Solutions, Inc. (a subsidiary of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., NYSE symbol AJG) has an opening for an Accounting Intern. With 12 office locations throughout North America, Bermuda, and the Caribbean, Artex Risk Solutions, Inc. is one of the largest captive management companies in the world. We're experienced in the full spectrum of risk management alternatives and build dynamic programs designed to manage the cost of risk.
In this paid internship, you will expand your accounting knowledge while working under the direct supervision of a licensed CPA.
You will be exposed to:
Performing all functions of accounting, from recording journal entries to preparing financial statements
Special projects and ad hoc reports
Discussions and meetings with clients
Supporting the preparation of tax documents
Assisting with the implementation of process improvements and efficiencies
Flexible work schedule
Professional work environment
Earn credit hours towards your CPA experience requirement
Currently enrolled in the undergraduate accountancy program.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Solid analytical skills
MS Office Suite experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher’s Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Job: Administrative Services
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Mesa
Organization: Gallagher Global Brokerage-IO
Req ID: 24845