Arthur J. Gallagher Gallagher Sales Intern GSIP - South in United States
About Your Summer:
We are looking for driven individuals excited to explore a career in sales that is rewarding personally, professionally, and financially. Your internship here could be the first step in a career path that offers tremendous growth potential. Nearly all of our entry-level Sales hires started as an intern. We are very proud of this fact, and think it speaks volumes about our one-of-a-kind Company and culture. You will have an opportunity to work in one of four divisions: Risk Management Services, Gallagher Benefit Services, Risk Placement Services and Gallagher Bassett Services. You will be introduced to a truly unique organization defined and made better every single day by our dedicated employees.
You'll be offered a comprehensive "learning by doing" experience that provides you with a realistic look at what it means to be a Gallagher Producer.
Sample Intern Responsibilities:
- Work alongside Gallagher Sales & Underwriting teams as they meet with clients and prospects to gain an understanding of the sales and marketing process.
- Assist in new business and renewal development to learn critical background information within a sales environment.
- Participate in team challenges and projects
- Help with community service events
- Become familiar with Gallagher Sales and Service functions and provide assistance with miscellaneous office projects, as needed.
This is a great opportunity if:
- You have competitive spirit, high energy and enthusiasm on-the-job
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- You lead with strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills and ability to multitask
- You show active participation in a learning environment, with a dream of working and growing in an entrepreneurial environment
- Rising sophomores and juniors with an expected graduation date between December 2018 and June 2020
- Preferred areas of study include, but are not limited to the following: Sales, Marketing, Communications, General Business, Management, Economics, Finance, Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
- A minimum of 2.5/4.0 GPA
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Arthur J Gallagher & Co. hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. We will require proof of work authorization
- Willing to execute the Company's Employee Agreement which requires, among other things, post- employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Job: Client Service/Account Management
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Rolling Meadows
Organization: Home Office Division
Req ID: 37021