Great Lakes Cheese IT Intern in United States
Who is Great Lakes Cheese?
Great Lakes Cheese is celebrating over 50 years of Excellence in Cheese Making! Since 1958, Great Lakes has grown rapidly by acquisition, plant expansions, investment in the best technologies for production and distribution – and by setting high industry standards for service. Currently, Great Lakes serves the nation’s retailers and food service operations with nine strategic facilities across the U.S. We earn this proud tradition of award-winning quality and customer satisfaction every day.
To be a leading manufacturer and supplier of consistently high quality cheese products. We will achieve this through our commitment to outstanding customer service, innovation, dedicated employees, and business partnerships. Our environment of open communication, integrity, and mutual respect encourages everyone to go beyond what is expected. We believe that profitability is a success only if the customer, the suppliers, the employees, the communities, and the company benefit.
Benefits of working at GLC:
Great Lakes Cheese’s success hinges on the dedication and professionalism of our people. From our inception, we have created and maintained an environment for employees to learn, develop their careers and enjoy mutually rewarding relationships, recognition and earnings. As we have grown throughout the years, we have kept the small company, family feel, even as a billion dollar organization. Point in case, our employees participate in an ESOP Plan, where they own approximately 20% of the company. In addition, we offer competitive benefits that include Medical, Dental, Life and Long-term Disability Insurance, 401(k) Plan, an Employee Assistance Program and tuition reimbursement.
The IT Intern will work in a small team and help provide IT support to GLC. The IT Intern will work on a range of different tasks including desk side support to servers and networking. The role will provide an opportunity to put your education to real world practical use and gain “hands on” experience supporting the business strategy. The internship will be conducted at Great Lakes Cheese’s corporate headquarters in Hiram, OH.
- Assist with a PC refresh process.
- Accurately and efficiently identify and solve issues with end user.
- Devices including but not limited to PCs, Laptops, Wireless RF/Barcode readers, mobile devices, multi-functional devices, and printers.
- Applications such as the Microsoft Office suite, SAP client, shop floor clients, SharePoint clients, Exchange/Outlook clients.
- Serve as the first point of contact to assist users with questions and support, and provide instruction on how to use basic tools, such as the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Build, test, and deploy end user devices including PC’s and laptops as well as other devices.
- All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
- All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- Senior or recent graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in IT.
- Outstanding customer service with strong written and verbal communications skills in person or remotely (phone, vide conf, etc).
- Technical aptitude and intuition needed to work across a broad range of IT disciplines
- Problem solver who will see issues through to their end.
- Can do attitude and a willingness to take ownership of problems, learning on the job as necessary.
- Knowledge of user operating systems including but not limited to Windows, iOS, Android.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Working experience with SharePoint 2013.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server technologies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft desktop OS platforms.
- Knowledge of Microsoft productivity tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- Occasional exposure to industrial operations including: temperature extremes from approximately 35ºF to 100ºF; noise levels in excess of 85 dB; moisture and moving machinery.
Great Lakes Cheese is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.