Inter-Con Security Systems Summer Intern - Training Assistant - Lorton, VA in United States
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. ("Inter-Con") seeks college students for the position of Training Assistant. Under the direction of the Director of Training, the Training Section is comprised of full-time instructors and other support personnel and is tasked with Entrance Level Training, Refresher Training, Firearms Qualification and other specialized security training. The Training Assistant will work closely with full-time members of the Training Section to assist with classroom preparations, equipment and supplies accountability/usage/storage, recruiting, data entry and other administrative and operational support, as well as range support during firearms qualification. Additionally, Training Assistants will be given the opportunity to complete high-level security training (defensive tactics, firearms familiarization and qualification, use of force, etc.) to provide a unique insight into industry training standards/requirements for security and law enforcement professionals. All Training staff shall exercise uncompromising diligence, ethical standards, accountability and integrity.
This is a growing Internship Program. It gives you the chance to learn more about the Training side of a large security organization. Upon graduation, you may apply with Inter-Con as an Armed Uniformed Protection Officer (UPO). UPOs are responsible for the enforcement of the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Diplomatic Security's policies at all domestic U.S. Department of State controlled facilities, operations and events. Specific responsibilities include: protecting life and property, carrying out and supporting official U.S. government visitor's dignitary protection, conducting explosives detection sweeps, responding to security alerts and civil disturbances, enforcing the control of classified material and conducting physical inspections and searches of persons, vehicles and packages. UPOs currently make over $30.00/hour starting pay.
- Must be a Junior/Senior graduating with a Bachelor's Degree in Criminology, Criminal Justice or Administration of Justice (or related field) on or before May 2018.
- Must have a valid driver's license and successfully complete a Drug Screen and Physical.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must commit to a 10-12 week schedule.
- Must be willing to work after hours and/or weekends.
- Must be willing to work in a variety of environments to include indoor/outdoor shooting ranges, outdoor training facilities, etc.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift 35 pounds.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- $15.00 per hour
- This position is located at Inter-Con's the National Training Center in Lorton, VA.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. (Inter-Con) is a premier U.S. security company providing a full range of physical security services to Government, commercial and Fortune 100 customers on four continents. Inter-Con is an equal opportunity employer.
The position of Training Assistant will remain open until filled.
Req. Number: 800
# of openings: 4