ICF Consulting Group, Inc. Information Management Intern in Washington, District Of Columbia
Interested in working for one of the world s pre-eminent climate consultancies? ICF has 30 years of experience in climate change, ozone depletion and other global environmental challenges. At ICF, our United States Global Change Research Program (USGCRP) coordinates and integrates global change research related to climate and environmental challenges. ICF provides technical, analytic and programmatic support services to the USGCRP s National Coordination Office (NCO). The NCO is responsible for promoting interagency coordination and integration of Federal climate and global change research programs and facilitating international cooperation. You can make an impact at ICF. Our USGCRP office location is based in Washington, D.C.
What you ll be doing The US Global Change Research Program (USGCRP) National Coordination Office (NCO), as part of its mission to advance the science of global change and inform the nation, maintains an open source data system that collects and links together information supporting government assessments of climate change. The database provides coordinated links to a select group of information products produced, maintained, and disseminated by government agencies and organizations.
The Information Systems Student Assistant, under direction of the GCIS Team Lead, will support the team and the coordination of interagency climate data and information activities of the USGCRP NCO. This includes, but is not limited to: data entry and research, quality assurance, meeting logistics, and note-taking.
This is a part-time position without benefits. Schedule is flexible based on course load, up to (28) hours per week.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance with data entry and quality checking. This includes researching sources of scientific information, writing database queries, and maintaining accurate documentation.
- Provide meeting support for USGCRP climate data and information activities, including scheduling, logistics, and note-taking.
- Keep informed about and active in the climate data and information activities across the Federal government.
- Become involved in the technical infrastructure of the database.
What you ll need
- Basic knowledge of databases, data management, and academic research publishing.
- Demonstrated skill in learning new computer software, especially spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to capture meeting discussions in writing and synthesize those discussions into tractable actions.
- Possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Possess strong organizational skills, including ability to meet goals and deadlines and work in a team.
- Experience in computer programming a plus.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited secondary or postsecondary school, college, or university.
- Must have college level coursework in a relevant discipline such as Earth systems or environmental sciences, computer science, or library science.
About ICF ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, public policy experts, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at www.icf.com.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Location: /District of Columbia-Washington/
Requisition ID: /1700002941/