Office of Administration Office of Administration Student Internship (White House IT Applications) in Washington, District Of Columbia
The OA Unpaid Student Internship Program is designed to attract students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions (ranging from undergraduate to graduate school) to work in the Office of Administration and explore Federal careers while still in school. This program exposes students to jobs in the Federal civil service by providing meaningful development work at the beginning of their career, before their careers paths are fully established.
Begin a challenging and exciting internship with the Executive Office of the President (EOP) providing support to the President of the United States. The EOP is comprised of The White House, Executive Residence, Office of the Vice President, Office of the United States Trade Representative, Office of Science and Technology Policy, Office of the National Drug Control Policy, Office of Management and Budget, Office of Administration, National Security Council, Council on Environmental Quality, and Council of Economic Advisers. The EOP has responsibility for tasks ranging from communicating the President's Message to the American people, to promoting our trade interests abroad. The Office of Administration (OA) is currently seeking enthusiastic and dedicated students to serve as unpaid student interns to assist in the performance of its mission of providing support services for the President. To learn more about the Office of Administration, please visit http://www.WhiteHouse.gov/OA. OA views student interns as the future of the Federal workforce. The Office of Administration Student Internship Program provides the opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills. Participants in the program will be exposed to the Federal work environment and will learn about the mission of the Office of Administration and its role and responsibility to the Executive Office of the President.
The Application Support team ensures that Presidential Information Technology Community staff understand how to use and can easily get support for our applications. This includes a combination of proactive communication and training, troubleshooting and support, and problem management. The team provides a single coordination point for service providers and end-user assistance with enterprise-wide application throughout the Executive Office of the President (EOP). Provide WHIT customers with the best possible computing, communication, and collaboration capabilities/tools or resources to optimize efficiency and productivity. This Spring our team will be assisting on the Presidential Transition team.
- Provide event support for various events throughout the White House complex.
- Assist in process improvements by aggregating and analyzing data on IT application usage and creating reports or oral presentations for management review.
- Create reports that summarize data to support IT program reviews, budgetary, and other Federal government decisions.
- Assist with the development and collection of survey data on IT applications.
- Perform demonstrations and training on newly launched IT applications.
- Collaborate with customers and project subject matter experts in the resolution of day-to-day application issues.
- Perform market research, compiling market research data and assisting with acquisition/procurement planning and execution.
- Create and implement strategies to efficiently introduce new technologies.
- Assist in deploying enhanced security features.
- Assist with preparing status reports and executive briefings to leadership.
- Assist with asset management and hardware inventories, data collection, consolidations, migrations and tracking of same.
- Not Required
- ? Must be a US citizen or national
- ? Registered with the Selective Service, if a male born after 12-31-1959
- ? Be at least 18 years old and obtain a favorable security determination
- ? Subject to pre-employment and random drug tests
- ? Must have a 3.0 GPA
- ? RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE PAID
- Enrolled in a degree seeking program thoughout Intership
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: All applicants must meet the qualification requirements outlined below to be considered minimally qualified for this position. The qualification requirements are in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standards.
Applicants will not be considered if they do not meet every key requirement.
Proof of enrollment for the duration of the internship must be provided within the application package to include student transcripts or class schedule.
As outlined in this announcement, all applicants must be enrolled in a degree seeking academic program for the duration of the internship. Prospective interns will be required to show proof of enrollment upon selection
Please see "Qualifications Required" for requirements of the position.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
- You may check your application status by logging into your USAJOBS account. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. Ratings will be determined based on the documents and information received by the closing date. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring manager will contact you directly. Once a hiring decision is made, we will notify all applicants of their final status.
Review our benefits
If selected, you will be required to sign a Nondisclosure Form.
If selected, you are required to complete a background investigation suitability check and pre-employment drug screening.
If selected, you are required to show proof of enrollment in a degree seeking academic program for the dates of the internship.
Interns will be provided Transportation Subsidy Benefits (TSB) based on the current Federal TSBP regulations. http://www.wmata.com/business/employerfareprogram/
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement: http://www.eeoc.gov/federal/index.cfm
Males born after 12-31-1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov/)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472352300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $0.00 to $0.00 / Without Compensation
Series & Grade: ZZ-0099-00/00
Promotion Potential: 00
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 472352300
Job Announcement Number: OA-SIP-WHITAPS