Western States Envelope & Label Engineer Intern in Butler, Wisconsin
As the premiere manufacturer of envelopes and labels, Western States Envelope & Label (WSEL) serves a national market of customers that include printers, distributors and mailing-service providers. WSEL is headquartered in Butler, Wisconsin (west of Milwaukee), and operates five full-service plants that comprise our Envelope and Label Divisions. In business since 1908, WSEL is known for our expansive offerings, unrivaled stock product selection, innovative manufacturing techniques (Lean & Quick Response Manufacturing, robotics, etc.) and commitment to environmental stewardship through a Passion for Preservation (CoC Certifications, recycling, energy efficient facilities) and Eco-Friendly Products (CoC Certified and recycled and reusable envelopes). At the center of it all, our adaptable, dedicated and enthusiastic people are committed to Continuous Improvement and the right solutions to customers’ needs.
We are searching for an individual looking to gain solid engineering experience to add to our team for the summer.
- Complete set up reduction engineering project by the end of internship (Target 5% improvement)
- Create new set up process
- Pursuing Mechanical or Industrial Engineering degree
- Sophomore/junior/senior in college
- Must be willing to travel a few days over the summer
- Process Flow mapping
- Process Improvement
- Understand and can use DMAIC
- Skills in 2D AutoCad (able to make detail drawings - mechanical) '
- Knowledge in MS office a plus
- Can use video equipment
Location: Butler, WI