Comcast Intern - External Affairs in Indianapolis, Indiana
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This is an entry level paid intern position for a person who is interested in the field of community involvement and external affairs. The work will be a combination of data input, research, hands-on-event & program preparation, event execution and follow up. It will include representing Comcast at events and projects. We are looking for a current college student.
Part-time work for 12-16 hours per week for six months with an optional renewal for an additional six months possible. Job location will be at 65thStreet Indianapolis Office and Intern will report to Matthew Kelley, Sr. Manager of External Affairs.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance required. Must be able to work evenings and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
Internet Essentials Responsibilities
Coordinating and planning Internet Essentials events as well as other community events
- Inventory management of Internet Essentials supplies for events
- Internet Essentials Ambassador recruiting and scheduling for events
- Attendance at Internet Essentials events for material distribution
Populating Quickbase with Internet Essentials events and results
Coordinating meeting schedules with external stakeholders
- Populating Tupelo (GA tracking database) and other routine reports
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Writing proficiency and excellent verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Social media skills
- Organizational skills/following directions/multi-tasker
- Valid Driver's License
Must be a current college student
Field of Study
Public relations, public policy, telecommunications, marketing, business, civic leadership, management
Candidates enrolled with CLD are preferred
Years of Experience: N/A
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer