Corning Incorporated Engr/Manuf Intern in Kennebunk, Maine
Date: Mar 8, 2018
Location: Kennebunk, ME, US, 04043
Req #: 25661
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise inspecialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning’s Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
• Intern will work as part of the Engineering Department.
• The intern will work on solo and team projects which can range from new materials, validations, experimentation/problem analysis, etc.
• Working towards a four-year degree.
• Must be Mechanical Engineering major (rising junior or higher)
• GPA >3.0
• Experience with testing database and document control systems.
• Solidworks proficiency.
• Data and statistical analysis experience.
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
• Ability to work in a team
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Interpersonal skills – engaging, enabling, open
• Strong organizational skills
• Self-motivated & results oriented– Drive things to final implementation
• Ability to give presentations.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Maine