Jockey International, Inc. PC Technician Intern (PAID) - Spring/Summer/Fall 2018 in Kenosha, Wisconsin
PC Technician Intern (PAID) - Spring/Summer/Fall 2018
Interested in supporting end users with system repairs, upgrades, and troubleshooting - as well as get a taste of working in a corporate HelpDesk setting? If so, this position is made for you! We're looking for students pursuing a computer degree who like
to solve problems and help others - all while gaining business experience to enhance your classroom/personal application experience. You'll work alongside our IT management team to support end users at our corporate office/remote offices (no travel required)
- as well as assist in the HelpDesk department. Excellent customer service skills, basic technical knowledge, and a zest to learn is the key to success for this role!
JOCKEY is a premier local employer, offering the following employee perks:
• Attractive salary
• Flexible work schedule to accommodate class schedules
• Onsite, professional training in the IT field
• Implement hardware, software, and upgrade solutions; image hardware as needed.
• Execute deployment of workstation equipment, including desktops, laptops, monitors, printers, scanners, mobile devices, and other peripherals.
• Provide technical support, resolutions, and research for hardware and software components in a Windows, Macintosh, and iOS environment.
• Provide 1st level technical support and perform installations, moves, and changes for VoIP solution.
• Troubleshoot workstation equipment and application issues.
• Log details of support provided in the service desk trouble-ticketing system, which includes maintaining the IT inventory database.
• Rotate in HelpDesk to answer support calls and log service calls.
• Work with Retail stores to troubleshoot/test hardware/software issues, process warranty/return items.
• Monitor and troubleshoot Retail LAN for outages.
• Current student pursuing an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related degree; additional technical training desired.
• Minimum of six months of experience in Windows PC and Active Directory Domain environment desired.
• Knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2013 and later.
• Previous exposure to wireless systems, network configuration, knowledge of TCP/IP, FTP, Active Directory, Open Directory, and Apple protocols.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suites/Office 365, VPN, VoIP, Mobile iOS, and MAC 10x is a plus.
• Working knowledge of workstation hardware, software, and the following operating systems: command line, Windows OS, Mac OS, iOS and/or Android. Raspberry Pi knowledge desired.
• Ability to efficiently multi-task, with proficient organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong desire to learn and grow with new technology.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
• Ability to work up to 15-25 hours per week during school semesters, as well as summer 2018. (Flexible work schedule available to accommodate class schedules!)
This internship is located at Jockey’s corporate headquarters in Kenosha, WI near Greater Milwaukee/northern IL area (no housing assistance provided).
In return for your expertise, JOCKEY offers a competitive salary, onsite health & wellness programs, generous employee discounts, a business casual work environment, summer hours, and exciting career growth opportunities! Follow us on Linkedin
Jockey International, Inc., and its subsidiaries, provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are also committed
to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at email@example.com, call us at 262-658-8111, or
send a facsimile request to 262-653-3014.