Johnson Controls Programmer Intern in Wichita, Kansas
What you will do This Programming intern technical position will be responsible for completing assignments in the design of and support of software tools to assist Engineers with HVAC development.
How you will do it: Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Build software solutions to assist design engineers in their day-to-day activities, such as:
- Build tools for I/O into custom databases.
- Assist engineering with processing lab data
- Build custom reports for engineers and Product Marketing.
- Convert custom mathematical functions from Excel workbooks (including VBA macros) and upgrade for use in C#/VB.NET applications.
- Perform technical assignments from detailed oral or written instructions, project task lists, etc. as needed to support the design engineering department.
- Interact with suppliers, customers, management/manufacturing/marketing personnel, etc.
/Duration: This will be a year round internship starting immediately on a part-time basis (15-25 hours/week) and full-time during the summer. Qualified candidates must be in the Wichita area and available for the hours indicated./ / / /#internship/
What we look for Required Qualifications: * Currently enrolled as undergraduate in management information systems, computer science, computer engineering or equivalent program. * Currently a sophomore or junior status with ability to remain an intern for 1 ½ - 2 years * Must be attending school in the Wichita area an available to work 15-25 hours during the semester and full-time during the summer * U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the U.S. * Knowledge of C# and/or VB .NET is required Preferred Qualifications: * Demonstrates an ability to learn quickly and independently * Strong communication skills (verbal and written) preferred * SQL/database knowledge is a plus. * Emphasis on Microsoft Office products (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point, Visual Studio, SQL Server, etc.). * Must work well in a diverse workplace.
/Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou./
Organization: *Bldg Technologies & Solutions
Title: Programmer Intern
Requisition ID: WD30044619059